I know a lot of folks have stopped participating in these, but there is something so very Pagan about patting each other on the back in a world where we typically get sidelong looks of derision.
Maybe it’s cheating, but The Bad Witch has some papers to grade, so Imma combine my replies to these two fine blog awards.
The rules are almost the same:
Give credit to the person who nominated you – done and done
Answer 5 questions from the Super Sweet Blogging Award/Tell 7 things about yourself – will do
Post the award picture in your blog:
Nominate other bloggers and notify them of it – I’m on it.
1. Cookies or Cake?
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
70% cacao and Zinfandel (the red kind, silly)
3. What is your favourite sweet treat?
Rainer Cherries – I will eat them until I am sick!
4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
My godfather called me Sugarfoot when I was a kid. I reckon I lacked “cowboy skills” too.
And two more random sweet things to fulfill the requirements:
6. I don’t like “birthday” cakes but I can decorate the hell out of them. I made a giant three tiered cake for my nieces’ joint graduation party back in the day. It was a first attempt, but it was pretty awesome. Since then I’ve made every kind of shaped cake imaginable. My favorite was The Bad Baybay’s frog cake. My least successful was a bleeding-armadillo-groom’s-cake made without the proper pan. It looked like a squirrel-rat. But it tasted amazing. Then again, anything slathered in cream cheese icing is bound to be good. I made my BFF’s husband’s groom’s cake too – a Lord Baltimore that ended up sliding right off the tray and onto the floor.
7. I don’t like sweet cocktails. I prefer full-bodied, dry wines; dark, bitter beers; dry dirty martinis; and old-old round and wrinkly whiskey. And no matter how dry, I can’t stand champagne (or “sparkling wine”).
I am nominating two bloggers this time. I know I’m supposed to do a b-zillion, but . . . [blah, blah, blah] grades.
I just made contact with dancingwarrior55 and she has a brand-spanking-new blog – go check her out.
And Freeman – a new addition to my blogroll (on your right). I always try to do right and don’t mind being called out when I’ve done less than I should.
I won’t be offended if you don’t perpetuate the meme – I’m just doing my part to spread the word about your two bodacious blogs.
Let me get up to speed on “them things what I get paid for” and I’ll work on an *S* post for the Pagan Blog Project. I was so proud of being ahead of the curve for so long; I had all of my course materials posted, I had all of my prep work done for my secular class as well as my seminary course and was all up to speed with my Witchy students, plus my house was relatively clean and all the laundry was done and dinner was ready to go in the oven – and then a bright eyed Freshman asked me, “Dr. Bad Witch? When will you have our grades posted?”
Doh. I forgot that part.
B, Q, 93